U3A Hobart Summer Events:
- Our Summer Picnic will take place in the Royal Botanic Gardens, Wednesday 12 January 2022. More details here
- The Davies Memorial Lecture will be given by our wonderful musician Ken Chilcott in the Town Hall, 3 February 2022. (Time to be confirmed).
- Term 1 2022 commences 7 March.
- Enrolments open 7 February
- Term 1 Provisional Program
Your Covid Vaccine Status is Required by UTAS from 1 Nov 2021
We have received a directive from the Vice-Chancellor of UTAS that will apply to anyone accessing the Old Commerce Building, and mandates that from 1 November 2021, every person entering the Old Commerce Building for whatever reason will need to confirm that they:
– are fully vaccinated such that they could be issued with a vaccination certificate,
– have received at least one dose of a vaccine and made a booking to receive all other doses of vaccine as soon as reasonably possible,
– have made a booking to receive the first dose of a vaccine, and receive all other required doses of the vaccine as soon as reasonably possible,
– are otherwise exempt from the Direction and wear an appropriate face mask where required.
Any person who does not comply with the directive will not be permitted to enter the Old Commerce Building.
As a result, we require all U3A members who attend classes in the Lecture Theatre in the Old Commerce Building, OR who use the lift on the 3rd floor to access the Annex, to provide us with one of the following:
– a copy of your vaccination certificate (which can be downloaded from your MyGov account or Medicare app),
– written confirmation that you have received your first dose of a Covid vaccine and have a booked appointment for your second dose,
– written confirmation that you have made a booking to have your first dose,
– written confirmation that you are exempt from having the vaccine (noting you will be asked to wear a mask when you enter the building)
This directive does not apply to those who only attend classes in the Annex, and do not use the lift in the Old Commerce Building to access the Annex.
Please send the required information to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. You can do this by either scanning or taking a photo of your certificate, booking, or exemption letter and sending it to the above email.
Vale Emeritus Professor Peter Boyce
It is with great sadness that U3A Hobart records the death of our Patron, Peter Boyce on 7th August 2021. Peter was one of our favourite tutors for a number of years, giving us excellent courses on a range of topics including Australian Government and Politics, History, and International Affairs. He became our Patron in 2016.
Recommended online courses providers:
- Your Say Hobart is a space where you can share your ideas to make Hobart a better place to live, work and play. Get involved and register to receive updates about upcoming engagements.
- Tasmanian Arts Guide: Places to go
- Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra
- Musica Viva Tasmania
- The Playhouse
- Theatre Royal
- UTAS public lectures & forums
- State Cinema
- Libraries Tasmania
- Kettering Concerts
- Virtuosi Tasmania
- Baha’i Centre Soul Food
- City of Hobart: latest news and upcoming events
- COTA Tasmania: the voice of older Tasmanians